Below are three examples of argumentative essays, written by yours truly in my school days, as well as analysis of what each did well and where it could be improved. An argumentative essay is an essay that uses evidence and facts to support the claim it’s making. Its purpose is to persuade the reader to agree with the argument being made. After giving an overview of this type of essay, we provide three argumentative essay examples.
Some feel that the cost is too high, and the returns very low. Many people from parents, students, the press, and the public have all voiced their concern over the cost of a college education. It helps to include any data and direct quotes as early as possible, especially with argumentative essays that often cite outside sources. One of the major benefits of promoting technical high schools in Georgia is that they reduce the number of dropouts.
Making College Worth It: Reasons to Attend College
They combine persuasive arguments with fact-based research, and, when done well, can be powerful tools for making someone agree with your point of view. If you’re struggling to write an argumentative essay or just want to learn more about them, seeing examples can be a big help. An argumentative essay is a piece of writing that http://www.bacaulturistic.ro/expository-essay-types-examples/ uses factual evidence and logical support to convince the reader of a certain way of thinking. College campus community gardens offer a way to expand on the offerings of campus food banks. One thriving example is the Montclair State University Community Garden. In response, the campus decided to start a community garden.
The relevance of ethical argument topics will never fade. For this reason, you could always pick some of classical argument topics. Argumentative writing recognizes the balance of incorporating different perspectives on the argument, but with solid support, argues distinctly for one. For the college level, it is recommended to use simple language and avoid the use of complex words in essays. Christine graduated from Michigan State University with degrees in Environmental Biology and Geography and received her Master’s from Duke University.
Discover your chances at hundreds of schools
The number of people in Sub-Saharan Africa who contracted malaria as well as the number of malaria deaths had actually increased over 10% during the time the program was active. While replacing libraries with tablets may seem like a simple solution, it would encourage people to spend even more time looking at digital screens, despite the myriad issues surrounding them. It would also end access to many of the benefits of libraries that people have come to rely on. In many areas, libraries are such an important part of the community network that they could never be replaced by a simple object.
- Argumentative essays are an inevitable part of academic life.
- Do plenty of research until you have enough data to support each of your main points.
- Note that the Works Cited page should be on a NEW page.
- Students would learn financial skills through experience with money management.
- Students can participate in student organizations, such as student government, student newspaper or magazine or a cultural club.
- Money to buy food at least once in 2012, according to Feeding America, a non-profit organization consisting of more than 200 food banks and food-rescue organizations across the U.S.” .
- Correctly cite and document sources according to MLA format, using both in-text citations and the works cited list.
After both of your essays have been submitted, you may take the proctored final exam. These follow the same structure for as many arguments as you wish to put forward in support of the topic. Write an argumentative essay on a current controversy in your field. Make sure you restate the main premise, present one or two arguments which summarize your main points.
Argumentative Essay Organization
People in today’s world are skeptical about education after high school. The situation introduce quote used to be that college was the best thing that could ever happen to a person.
Technical high schools provide students with the technical training that companies need. By getting input from businesses on exactly what their specialized needs are, school systems could adapt their curricula to accommodate the needs of businesses. Education can work with businesses to provide them with the workforce they need, and students can learn the skills they need through apprenticeship programs. The figure for U.S. teen joblessness in October 2009 was 27.6 percent, the highest since World War II . According to Thomas E. Persing, Americans are “disregarding the 50 percent who enter college and fail to graduate.
Paragraph Argumentative Essay Examples
You begin with a discussion of what opposing sides do right and the validity of their arguments. This is effective because it allows you to piece apart your opponent’s argument. The next section contains your position on the questions. In this section, it is important to list problems narrative essay def with your opponent’s argument that your argument fixes. Your essay ends with suggesting a possible compromise between the two sides. A combination of the two sides could be the most effective solution. Also make sure that your thesis makes clear what side of the argument you’re on.
Well, when instructors use the word “argument,” they’re actually referring to is a position supported by the analysis; they’re talking about defending a certain point of view through writing ways to start a quote or speech. Usually called a “claim” or a “thesis,” this point of view is concerned with an issue that doesn’t have a clear right or wrong answer (e.g., four and two make six).
We can help you get a better grade and deliver your task on time!
In form, it includes six main areas, but you’re free to organize them in whatever order works best for your essay. Keep in mind that your claim can itself be a rebuttal of another argument, so your entire essay could be disproving another thesis rather than presenting your own. Your second, third, and fourth paragraphs are your body, enduring issue essay where you present your arguments and evidence, as well as refute opposing arguments. Each paragraph should focus on either showcasing one piece of supporting evidence or disproving one contradictory opinion. Businesses can provide apprenticeship programs.Apprenticeship programs can be a vital part of a student’s education.
To make sure that you write a good argumentative essay, read the different types of examples mentioned in this blog. Despite being assigned so frequently, students still find it hard to write a good argumentative essay. The introduction of the essay does a good job of laying out the seriousness https://incotel.com.pk/2023/01/23/free-essays-on-to-kill-a-mockingbird-examples/ of the problem, but the conclusion is short and abrupt. Expanding it into its own paragraph would give the author a final way to convince readers of her side of the argument. The mothers are aware of the benefits of a college education and therefore invest more in education for their children.
About this Assignment
Therefore, the best argumentative essay topics are controversial. Here’s a list of such issues that you can debate about in your papers.
- Now that you’ve seen examples of what good argumentative essay samples look like, follow these three tips when crafting your own essay.
- By failing to consider variations between governments, geography, and infrastructure, the program was not nearly as successful as it could have been.
- As Rawe maintains, students stay in school because they cannot get the job if they do not have the diploma.
- See how Grammarly can help your next writing project by downloading it now.
- Both of them are enhancing their writing and academic skills.
This has led many people to seek higher education in the twenty-first century. Argumentative essays thrive on factual proof from credible sources, and you don’t want how long is a essay paragraph to waste time searching for data that doesn’t exist. If you can’t find enough facts to back up your thesis, maybe you shouldn’t argue that point in the first place.
Academic Resource Center
Second, it is incredibly narrow-minded to assume that the only service libraries offer is book lending. Libraries have a multitude of benefits, and many are only available if the library has a physical location. Similarly, a Pew survey conducted in 2015 found that nearly two-thirds of American adults feel that closing their local library would have a major impact on their community. People see libraries as a way to connect with others and get their questions answered, benefits tablets can’t offer nearly as well or as easily. It begins with an introduction, follows with a thesis/claim, and gives data and evidence to support that claim. This style of essay also includes rebuttals of counterarguments.
- However, learners should take time to gather relevant evidence to support their arguments.
- Moreover, “college graduates appear to have a more optimistic view of their past and future personal progress” (Cohn and Geske 267-9).
- The United States needs skilled employees at all levels, from the highly technical to the practical day to day services society needs to sustain its current standard of living.
- If you are not certain of your audience, direct your argument to a general audience.
- Similarly, the college also offers enjoyable activities and social life on campus.
- Thus, a question arises about the quality of college degrees.
- Students of 6th grade are at a point where they are learning new things every day.
- Wasatch Gardens provides college campuses with a model for an innovative solution that can help to alleviate food insecurity on their campuses.
Those who are interested in this idea can show their support by educating themselves about the benefits of community gardens, as well as food insecurity. They are a piece of formal writing where you attempt to prove your view on a subject by showing objectivity, thoroughness, and ability to support your words with evidence.